Alabama Birding Links
- The Alabama Coastal Birding Trail website is an online guide offering visitors the opportunity to print maps, order the Birding Trail guide, and find other information regarding this trail.
- The North Alabama Birding Trail website is an online guide offering visitors information regarding this trail.
- Dauphin Island Bird Sanctuaries at http://coastalbirding.org is the source for birding Dauphin Island. Locate all the spots favored by visiting birders and some of the recent sightings. You will learn all about DIBS accomplishments in preserving habitat on the Island and the current challenges facing them. Shop the online store for Goat Tree T shirts, note cards and lithographs, as well as a wide variety of birding related items. Membership in DIBS is available on line, dues payable through PayPal.
- The Coastal Birding Association is located on the Alabama Gulf Coast. We promote the preservation of bird habitat and conservation of wildlife. We also have field trips throughout the year. If you are interested in joining us on a trip we would love to have you. For more information about CBA, please email the CBA webmaster. The Coastal Birding Association Yahoo group is for the dissemination of information and facilitation of communication among the members of the Coastal Birding Association. Non-CBA members can also contribute and are invited to join the CBA’s Yahoo group as well as the CBA. For more information, e-mail the CBA webmaster.
- The Birmingham Audubon Society website has details on local field trips, membership information, and upcoming speakers and events.
- The Mobile Bay Audubon Society website has great information concerning birding the the Mobile Bay area including membership, events, and special projects.
- The Hummer/Bird Study Group will be operating their banding stations at Ft. Morgan during both the spring and fall AOS meetings. They will be open half days on the first and last days of that period. Y'all come on down! In the meantime, you can contact them with reports of wintering (mid-November through mid-February) hummingbirds in the Southeast at HummerBSG@aol.com.
- The North Alabama Birdwatchers Society conducts field trips around the Wheeler NWR. Contact Bill Friday at email@example.com.
- The South Alabama Birding Association (SABA) offers members field trips, publications, and more. Miller's Ferry, The Holy Ground, Eufaula NWR, and birding hotspots throughout South Alabama are visited as part of six field trips per year. A weekend overnight visit in May to the Solon Dixon Forestry Center in Conecuh National Forest is an annual event. Members receive a quarterly newsletter containing trip details, news, and articles about birds and birding. To obtain more information, contact Charles Kennedy. Phone: 334-382-2680, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Tennessee Valley Audubon Society serves the North Alabama counties of Limestone, Madison, and Morgan. Please visit their website for membership information and a calendar of events for North Alabama.
- The Lower Mississippi Valley Joint Venture has their Shorebird Monitoring Program online. Visit their website for more information.
Back to Birding Resources