Birding in Alabama
Birders both from this state, and from out of state, are always inquiring about the best places to bird in Alabama. Of course, the best way for someone to learn about Alabama's birding hotspots is to obtain a copy of A Birder's Guide to Alabama.
Another source of information is the detailed rare bird alert (RBA) reports. You can access the RBA reports on our website by clicking here.
Included below are links to specific information about other birding hotspots in Alabama (some of these links may not be on the AOS website). We will include new links related to birding in Alabama as we become aware of them.
Other sources of information regarding birding in Alabama can be obtained by contacting the following people:
- Birding in Alabama: Greg Jackson (205/987-2855)
- Alabama Ornithological Society: Robert E. Reed (334/283-5886)
- Birmingham Audubon Society: Ann Miller (205/879-7709)
- Shoals Audubon Society (N.W. Alabama): Bill Rogers (256/766-5738)
- Tennessee Valley Audubon Society (Huntsville): Ruby Norman (256/773-4369)
- Coastal Birding Association: Venetia Friend (251/928-4437)
- Southeastern Raptor Rehabilitation Center: Dr. Ron Montgomery (334/844-4960)
- Wildlife Center at Oak Mountain State Park hotline: (205/621-3333)